Tabernacle NJ Residential Real Estate Properties
Looking for Single Family Homes, Townhomes, and Condos for sale in Tabernacle New Jersey, Burlington County, which is located in Southern New Jersey. Our Team of Real Estate Agents are available to assist you through the entire process. If you are looking for a Bank Owned Property or a Distressed Home, please check our page exclusively setup for Tabernacle Distressed Properties.
Brief History for Tabernacle, New Jersey 08088
New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Tabernacle Township as its 23rd best place to live in its 2008 rankings of the "Best Places To Live" in New Jersey. New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Tabernacle Township as its 6th best place to live in its 2010 rankings of the "Best Places To Live" in New Jersey. In 2009, it was rated the #1 small town by South Jersey Magazine.
Tabernacle is called the Gateway to the Pines. The Township is located entirely within the borders of the Pine Barrens Region as well as the Pinelands National Reserve. Ninety percent (90%) of the Township lies on top of the Cohansey Aquifer and the other 10% obtains its water from the Kirkwood Aquifer. Tabernacle Township is lucky to have five relatively undisturbed ecosystems:
- Goose Pond is in the Wharton State Forest
- Pine Tree Environmental Center of the Burlington County Council, Boy Scouts of America
- The area around Butterworth Bogs, some of which is contiguous with
- The Pine Tree Center and
- Camp Inawendiwin of the Camden County Council, Girl Scouts of America in the Friendship area of Tabernacle.
Another important resource is the extensive wooded areas comprised of oak-pine and pine oak forests. Pitch pine, black oak, white oak, post oak, chestnut oak, blackjack oak, scrub oak and sassafras trees are also quite abundunt. The ecological systems located within the boudaries of the Township are also part of the Wharton State Forest.
On July 13, 1928, Emilio Carranza (known as the Lindbergh of Mexico) was flying his plane from New York City to Mexico when he crashed in the middle of a storm over Tabernacle. The Carranza Monument was built with funds from Mexican schoolchildren, Hampton Gates Road was renamed Carranza Road for the pilot.The area that is now Tabernacle was inhabited by Lenni Lenape Native Americans. In 1778, John and David Brainerd came to the area and erected a church to convert the local Native Americans to Christianity. The church was called Tabernacle In The Wilderness. In 1803, William Wilkins acquired land from Hosea Moore to build Tabernacle Cemetery, next to the church On March 22, 1901.
© 2017 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the TReND Broker ReciprocitySM program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which participates, and is provided by TReND through a licensing agreement. Some properties listed with participating firms do not appear on this website at the request of the seller. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have sold or are no longer being offered for sale. Some real estate firms do not participate in Broker ReciprocitySM and their listings do not appear on this website.