Medford Township NJ Bank Owned and Short Sale Real Estate Properties
Looking for Distressed Real Estate Properties in Medford Township, New Jersey, which is located in Southern New Jersey. Our Team of Real Estate Agents are trained to specialize in Short Sales, Foreclosures, Banked Owned Properties, and Real Estate Investments Properties. They are available to assist you through the entire process. If you do not want to purchase a Bank Owned Property or a Distressed Home, please check our page exculsively setup for Medford Township New Jersey Residental Properties.
If you are looking for a New Jersey Real Estate Investment Properties to add to your portfolio, or want to learn how to become a Real Estate Investor in Burlington county. EXIT Realty JP Rothermel and Own America have partnered to create an EXIT REALTY INVESTOR CENTER. Click the banner below for your FREE Tools and Investor Course.
Brief History for Medford, NJ 08055
The area known as Medford was sold to Samual Coles in 1670, in all it consisted of 900 acres (3.6 km²). Within the next few years the Braddock, Pickett, Stratton, Branin, and Wilkins families moved to the area (many of whom continue to live in the area today). Upper Evesham, as it was then known, continued to grow from scattered homesteads into a small village. Many of the building and roads built between the sale of the land and the American Revolutionary War are still in existence, which include Oliphant's Mill, Christopher's Mill and the Shamong Trail (now known as Stokes Road). Part of Medford Township was taken on February 19, 1852, to form Shamong Township, on March 14, 1860, portions were taken to form Lumberton Township. The borders remained unchanged until May 17, 1939, when Medford Lakes was formed. Medford's proximity to Philadelphia and Camden County allowed the township's growth to continue as many families moved from the city and into a more rural area.
Points of interest
- Kirby's Mill is a grist mill (flour mill) that has been entered in the National Register of Historic Places.
- JCC Camps at Medford near Medford Lakes is the largest Jewish day camp in North America, operating since 1942. Part of the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, the camp is accredited by the American Camp Association. It accepts children as young as four years old, and campers come from all over the tri-county area (Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester counties). Teenagers age 14 or older can join the Counselor-in-Training program to become counselors, lifeguards, or specialists. The camp offers a kosher lunch. The camp is surrounded by the many lakes of Medford, located within the New Jersey Pine Barrens. Lake Atsion, near U.S. Route 206, is near the camp. The campsite has a 4-acre (16,000 m2) lake for boating and fishing, as well as four in-ground pools for swimming. There are four playgrounds, a petting zoo and several athletic fields, including tennis and hockey courts, and a ropes course.
- Camp Ockanickon is a YMCA Summer Camp and Conference Center (est. 1906).
- Medford Canoe Trail is a recently cleared canoe trail connecting Medford Park to Kirby's Mill.
- Johnson's Corner Farm has hayrides during three seasons to pick and take home crops. It holds family events throughout the year.
- Historic Medford Village is where you will find quaint shops, historic homes, and an old-fashioned atmosphere. This is the home of Medford's traditional Dickens Festival.
- Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge is a 170-acre nature preserve and wildlife rehabilitation center located on the southern border of Medford and is open to the public.
© 2018 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the TReND Broker ReciprocitySM program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which participates, and is provided by TReND through a licensing agreement. Some properties listed with participating firms do not appear on this website at the request of the seller. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have sold or are no longer being offered for sale. Some real estate firms do not participate in Broker ReciprocitySM and their listings do not appear on this website.