How to Successfully Stage Your Home
There are many key factors when it comes to staging a home for potential buyers to see, how does it look, does it smell nice, how is the home setup etc. But the most important one of all is to make sure that guests of your showings feel at home and can envision themselves owning such a spectacular home.
There are any different ways that you can go about this. Some examples you can try are:
Building the Atmosphere
- Having wrapped sweets in a bowl
- Have soothing music playing – not too loud or overbearing
- Making sure that the temperature is cozy – usually works best as a mild warm and inviting, not hot or cold
- Have a candle lit by the entryway
- Have an air freshener setup in the bathroom – not a very strong smell, something that is sensitive – I recommend a fruit flavor, they aren’t too strong or overwhelming
- Or if it’s winter you can’t go wrong with a nice lit fireplace
- Have the carpets steam cleaned – as to not see any stains or previous spills
- Have nice places to sit down, in case you would like to talk to the potential buyers about something specific
- Have all dishes clean and put away
- Have any beds be made
- Make sure any sinks, toilets, or baths are clean and not backed up
And, most importantly, don’t forget to show your potential buyers that you are a fantastic host. This means, when they enter take their jackets offer them bottled water, etc. Hope this helps you with your next showing!